Your generosity enables the Regional Church in Nebraska to better fulfill its original intent – as drawn from the Book of Acts: Regional Churches are to nurture, support, and engage congregations as unique entities and as gatherings of congregations related to one another in their mission.
This last year has seen the fruits of the Spirit flourish in the Local Churches that make-up the Christian Church In Nebraska:
- The people of Micronesia, an American territory in the South Pacific, have partnered with the Regional Church to establish the Chuukese Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Lexington/Cozad;
- 2 families, both from Afghanistan, have experienced the hospitality of the Church thanks to the partnership of our Disciples congregations in Lincoln, and in Omaha;
- Our Disciple Churches in Sidney and Scottsbluff have been guided by the Regional Church in making the difficult, yet faithful decision, to close as a church, yet continue their legacy by distributing their funds to local ministries, as well as the Regional Church;
- Twelve of us attended the Kirkpatrick Conference hosted by the Disciples of Christ Historical Society at Phillips Theological Seminary to further delve into our denomination’s history with race and racism;
- Seven of us invested a week in learning about Adaptive Leadership to support the Christian Church In Nebraska, and our Local Churches, to embrace becoming Adaptive Cultures;
As we prepare ourselves, and anticipate the birth of Jesus, we are also preparing one another to embrace the unfolding of a future yet unknown. We are grateful to you for our relationship and partnership. Together, we are being the Church.