The Kansas Leadership Center (KLC) is a non-profit organization, formed in 2007, with a bold mission to transform civic life in the Midwest and beyond by creating a culture where everyday people exercise leadership and engage others to make progress on their toughest challenges.
KLC MISSION: To foster civic leadership for stronger, healthier, and more prosperous communities across the Midwest and beyond.
KLC VISION: To be the center of excellence for leadership development and civic engagement.
KLC IMPACT: A civic culture that is healthy, productive and well-positioned to make progress on the toughest challenges and thrive.
It’s not difficult to see the challenges facing our world today. Look around you. Situations crying out for more leadership are everywhere, in Nebraska and beyond. Many of us would like to see greater leadership, action, and outcomes around issues that matter to us. That’s where we come in. Will you consider answering the call to work beside us?
The Christian Church in Nebraska is Here to Help!!
- 40 Scholarships for tuition are available;
- Costs for books and travel/accommodations may also be covered with Cotner College Scholarships;
- People who are interested should contact our Regional Minister, Rev. Chris Morton, to express an interest and/or to learn more.
Lead for Change is a 3-day immersive workshop, sponsored by the Kansas Leadership Center, that seeks to help individuals and organizations apply leadership principles and competencies to:
- Diagnose an important challenge, manage themselves, intervene skillfully and work across factions during the program.
- Mobilize their system to make significant progress on an important adaptive challenge after the program.
- Increase their group’s capacity to exercise leadership related to key issues in your community, state or beyond.
If you’re interested in learning more contact Chris Morton, our Regional Minister – the Regional Church Board has adopted embracing being an Adaptive Culture, and supporting people who are willing to learn about Adaptive Leadership – this includes scholarships for the cost of tuition as well as travel cost for those interested in traveling to Wichita to learn in-person!!
Step 1: Your Leadership Edge
Your Leadership Edge is a subscription to leadership training which packages dynamic tools, high quality and interactive content accessible from anywhere.
Leadership that produces results doesn’t just happen. It’s a skill you learn, develop, and can use everyday in your business or organization – no matter what your title or position.
Your Leadership Edge packages proven leadership skills into an easy-to-understand framework that gives you confidence to lead in any situation.
Over the last decade, thousands of people worldwide have used this leadership framework to find their edge in their businesses, organizations, faith communities, and lives. Now it’s your turn.
By using Your Leadership Edge you will:
– Enhance your problem-solving capacity.
– See complex leadership situations with more clarity.
– Make better decisions and anticipate problems before they get out of hand.
– Identify what is keeping you from moving forward.
– Learn to turn conflict and discomfort in to fuel to drive lasting change.
2023 Dates to Save:
Virtual: June 7-8 or Aug. 16-17 or Nov. 8-9/15-16 (Evenings)
or Dec. 13-14
In-Person: Sept. 13-14 or
Step 2: Lead for Change
We know people working to create significant change need steady support.
By attending Lead for Change you’ll join others from all sectors and levels of authority with a common aspiration: to move forward on what you care about most. KLC is looking for dreamers, those with aspirations for large-scale change both within yourself and within the systems where you live and work.
KLC’s leadership framework has helped thousands more effectively diagnose situations, manage themselves, intervene skillfully and energize others. After completing your first step of the path with Your Leadership Edge, take a deeper dive into the KLC leadership framework with Lead for Change.
Lead for Change is a 3-day immersive workshop that seeks to help individuals and organizations apply leadership principles and competencies to:
– Diagnose an important challenge, manage themselves, intervene skillfully and work across factions during the program.
– Mobilize their system to make significant progress on an important adaptive challenge after the program.
– Increase their group’s capacity to exercise leadership related to key issues in your community, state or beyond.
2023 Dates to Save:
Virtual: October 24-26
In-Person: June 20-22
or August 29-31